Saturday, January 22, 2022

Faith Lift



 Jesus replied, “Truly I tell you, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and it will be done. If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.”

Matthew 21:20-22 (NIV)

 

For most of my life, I have been terrified of thunderstorms. In the summer of 2000, we had frequent late afternoon storms, most of which occurred during my drive home from work. If I arrived home during a bad storm, I would cringe in my car until I felt safe to bolt for the back door.

On one afternoon, the skies were ominous, and I could see the flashes of lightning as I headed home. When I reached my street, I begged God to make that storm disappear. It was not until I was around the corner from my house that I realized the rain had not begun, the skies were getting brighter, and I no longer saw any lightning. 

On arriving, I cautiously opened my car door to listen for rumbles of thunder – nothing. I met my husband in the backyard as he came around the corner of the house on his tractor. He said to me, “A bad storm was coming, and I figured I’d better quit and get inside. But the storm just moved away, so I am going to finish cutting the lawn.”

Do you believe every word that Jesus spoke? I do.

Do you believe he can calm every storm that comes our way? I do.

Do you fear the storms of life? I no longer do. 

Believe, and you will receive.

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment