Sunday, February 6, 2022

No Excuses!

 


“For since the creation of the world, God’s invisible qualities -- his eternal power and divine nature -- have been clearly seen, being understood  from what has been made, so that people are without excuse." (Romans 1:20)


After reading one of my morning devotionals, I captured this thought-provoking statement in my journal:

“To know God and to make Him known is our highest calling.”

I began to ask myself some questions: “How am I doing with this? How well do I know God? How much time have I devoted to prayer and intimacy with Him? What haven’t I done that I should have been doing about this?

I was then reminded of the passage in Romans, and some new questions came to mind: “If  God’s invisible qualities are so evident to humanity, what blinds people from seeing them? Does God need us to open their eyes?

It seems clear from Scripture that God does not need us. We NEED Him! But He does have a mission for us – to make Him known to others. And if we don’t respond to the task, His plan will still prevail. Why? Because He is God Almighty. Each of us is a tiny speck of sand on the beach we call life. There are plenty of others who will answer the call if we don’t. But we have no excuse, do we?

So now I ask myself:

Why Not Me?

No comments:

Post a Comment