Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Under Renovation

 

“ Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!”

2 Corinthians 5:17 (NIV)


The word renovation has many synonyms, including restoration, revamping, makeover, reconditioning, overhauling, and repair. When a building is “under renovation,” things can get pretty messy. But it only lasts a while, and then everything turns back to “normal.” Not so with those of us undergoing a Holy Spirit renovation. 

Spiritual makeovers are a lifelong process. When God is working on us to be all that he planned, he keeps “upping the ante.” I know this to be true. I have been on a journey to total surrender for a very long time. But whenever I think I have nothing more to release to him, he shows me one more. 

I have learned to be joyful and sometimes amused at how he gets his message across to me when he wants to show me something new for my “list.” He is always working on me, and he is always working on you. He longs for us to continue to become more and more like Jesus. 

But we must be acutely aware when he is nudging us about something he wants us to do. If not, that nudge may turn into a more powerful demonstration to get our attention. 

Successful spiritual makeovers require us to be of a willing state of mind to allow him to sanctify us. We can have that state of mind when we keep in step and tune with the Holy Spirit Guide and set aside time each day for Bible study and intimate communication with the Father in prayer. 

Does he have a list for you to work on?

No comments:

Post a Comment